Wizard of Oz Cake

 This cake was completely a whim. Because who doesn't love the Wizard of Oz?

I frosted two sizes of cake dummies: 6 inch and 4 inch.


Then I mixed up some pale green fondant.
And covered both tiers of cake with it.
There was some cracking, which I will address later.
And stacked them.
Then I rolled out some yellow fondant.
And pressed a texture mat into it to look like brick.
I cut it into a large v shape and draped it over one side of the cake.
Then I cut out some randomly sized lengths of dark green fondant.
Pressed them together and placed them at the end of the yellow brick road.
Then I rolled two fat sausages with red marzipan.
I cut out an oval from one side of the sausages.
And added a couple of bows made with a fondant press mold.
And I added the ruby slippers on top of the cake.
Then I made a heart with more red marzipan.
Added a white circle into the middle of it.
And painted on a tiny clock with black food coloring.
I also made a celtic cross with gold fondant and placed it next to the yellow brick road as well.
Then I rolled up a rectangle of white fondant
wrapped it in red and a dot of gold to be a diploma.
Finally, I cut out some red flowers to represent the poppies and placed them around the edges of the cake, covering the cracks, as well as some randomly placed around the center of the tiers.
But this is so fun for all the fans of Wizard of Oz.
The yellow brick road, the Tin Man's heart,
The Cowardly Lion's medal, the Scarecrow's diploma,
The ruby slippers, and of course the Emerald City.
I also love the poppies covered the cake.
Beautiful.


Watch us make this iconic cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/oSGVj23idJc
Schaut zu wie wir diese Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/62aP_m3Qtag

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper