Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper

 I tried to make this character 3D. I really did. But it was so terrible I just couldn't bring myself to use it. 

I eventually decided to try making a 2D figure. Then I could use a template.

So first, here's the image I used:

First, I cut out a yellow circle to use as a background.
Then I added some brown to yellow fondant and rolled it out. I cut around the template and cut out the paws.
Then I added the paws cut out of white fondant.
Then I used a pointed scuplting tool to press the lines of the template into the fondant. Then, removing the template, I deepened the lines to make them more visible.
I added a white muzzle and a pink nose.
I painted some brown food coloring mixed with alcohol into the shadows of the face and ears.
Finally, I added some undiluted black food coloring to the ears, eyebrows and eyes.
How adorable is this? And so clearly Simba.
This is a great method for those who can't accurately draw the characters themselves.
In other words, perfect for me.
Watch us make this Simba topper on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/VgwV6VOxwvw
Schaut zu wie wir diesen Simba Aufsatz auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/ozIpTn3TbbY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream