Cinderella Cake

 This is dedicated to one of my fans on YouTube. He had requested a Cinderella themed cake so many times that I decided to make one to come out on his birthday. Happy Birthday, Byron.

However, since I can't actually deliver this cake, I'm decorating a cake dummy. Two to be exact. This is an 8-inch and a 6-inch cake dummy frosted with vegan American buttercream.

Then I took some white fondant and added some tylo powder to it to make it stiffer.
Then I pressed it firmly into this shoe mold.
I also colored a good amount of fondant light blue.
I covered both tiers with the light blue fondant.

Then I stacked them together.
I mixed the left over light blue fondant with more white fondant to make a pale blue and made a lot of these swags. I made them by rolling a strip of fondant, cutting it straight and folded the edges under.
I placed one swag between the two tiers.
And I cut smaller, curved swags.
And stuck them onto the bottom tier with edible glue. I also placed a similar swag at the base of the bottom tier.
Then I made a bunch of these faux piping shells.
I made them with white fondant using this press mold.
I placed these shells at intervals around the swags. I just felt like these added a bit more decoration that was appropriate for the times.
I added some silver dragees to the contact point between the curved swags.
I removed the shoe from the mold and trimmed the unfinished edges.
Then I painted the shoe with edible glue and painted pearl luster dust onto the shoe with a dry paintbrush.
Finally, I placed some sliver dragees around the top tier. And dusted silver luster dust all over the blue part of the cake. If you watch the original film, Cinderella's dress isn't blue, it's silver. It only became blue in modern times so she wouldn't look shabby next to Belle and Princess Aurora. So, this is a nod to that original dress.
But, I am super happy with this cake.
You can immediately see what it's supposed to be.
And it's just as lovely and magical as the original Cinderella film.
Happy Birthday, Byron. Thank you for the suggestion.






Watch us make this gorgeous Cinderella cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/ZjqBXUsvpU8
Schaut zu wie wir diese wunderschöne Cinderella Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/_uMzSzkJgIs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper