Farewell Book Cake

 This cake was one that has been on my list for a long time. But I had to wait until someone ordered one because it would be a great waste of cake if I made it just for me.

So, this cake is an order for a farewell cake for a young woman we know who is going off to college. 

I made two ten-inch square vegan chocolate cakes. Each one was trimmed to a smaller rectangle.

Then I frosted it with vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream.
And I placed a strip of white fondant on three sides of the smaller edges.
Then, while allowing this cake to set up, I started the smaller cake. I placed it on an old cutting board and frosted it on it.
And added a strip of white fondant around three sides of the book.
Then, while allowing that to set up, I covered the book cake with green fondant for the cover and I added a thin strip to the bottom of the cake to make the bottom cover.
I added the top cover to the smaller book.
Then, using small spatulas, picked up the small book and placed it on top of the larger book.
And I added the smaller strip around the bottom of the red book to create the bottom cover.
Then I used a fondant press mold to make the words Intro to Psychology and Behavioral Science.
Then I rolled a piece of white fondant into a scroll.
Then I pressed a ball of red fondant and pressed a pattern into it and placed it on the scroll.
Then I made a graduation cap with a tassel. I made it by covering a piece of cardboard with black fondant. The rest is just fondant.
Then I placed the letters of the titles on the books.

And I placed the scroll and the graduation cap on the cake.
I am so proud of this cake. I think it turned out gorgeous.
The young woman going off to college loved it.
Wishing you all the best in college studying psychology, Gabriela.

Watch us make this lovely book cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/uzklnNHYEeQ
Schaut zu wie wir diese schone Buchtorte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/EzxvnsaxgU4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper