Wednesday Addams Inspired Buttercream Cake

 My daughter got me into watching Wednesday on Netflix and I thought it would be fun to make a cake inspired by the character of Wednesday Addams.

I started out frosting a 6-inch cake with black buttercream. I had a hard time getting it fully black, so I settled for gray.

And I put some in piping bags with a small round tip and a medium star tip.
Then, with the round tip, I piped a radiating star in the middle of the cake.
And I piped it into a spider web pattern that mimics the stained glass window in Wednesday and Enid's room.
Then I piped a rope border with the star tip along the edge of the cake, a shell border along the bottom and shell swags along the side of the cake.
Then I used a fondant press mold and black fondant to make some small black skulls.
I placed the skulls on the swags and one in the middle.
I like this cake. It's the kind of cake I would make for Wednesday Addams for her birthday, if I were asked to make one.
It releases my inner goth.




Watch us make this dark cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/tWF59NehxqU
Schaut zu wie wir diese dunkle Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/cPbUyLHTL7k

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper