Buttercream Flower Garden Cake

This was a last-minute request from a family member for a birthday cake. Having a birthday in the Fall, I thought it only fitting that at least the cake reflect a bit of Spring.

I started out by filling and frosting my chocolate cake in white American buttercream.
 I had some leftover buttercream from another project in dark, Fall colors: black, dark purple, bright orange, and dark green.
 I mixed them with white buttercream to get light purple, pastel orange, light green and mixed a new color, pink.
 Then I put them in piping bags. The pink with an open star tip, the orange with a medium star tip, the green with a leaf tip, the black with a small round tip, and the purple with a small star tip.
 I started out with the pink with an open star tip. I piped a few rosettes on the top of the cake.
 And a few spread out around the bottom.
 Then, using the purple with a small star tip, I tried piping a few flowers pulling the shells toward the center. It didn't turn out at all like I was hoping. Guess I need some more practice on it. So, I also piped a few small swirls with the purple.
 Then I piped a few stars using the orange with a medium star tip.
 Using the black with a small round tip, I piped centers on the purple and orange flowers.
 Finally, I piped some leaves, filling in the gaps. I really gave it a Spring-like feel.
 I think it turned out lovely and despite the funky-looking purple flowers, the whole effect is very nice and Spring-like.
 Happy Birthday, Norma!






To watch the whole process on our YouTube channel, click here: https://youtu.be/7154rnPOjnw
Um das ganze Prozess auf YouTube anzuschauen, klickt hier: https://youtu.be/kOaU5eCsZfs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper