Brushed Embroidery Cake

This cake was for a colleague who loves red velvet cake. She asked if I can make her a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. Of course! But just for fun, let's decorate it.

I've decided to use a technique called brushed embroidery. It seems to fit me as well because I sometimes embroider.

I started out with a new recipe of red velvet cake. I'm not super excited about this recipe, so I will share the recipe when I find one I'm in love with.
 Then I whipped up a batch of my cream cheese frosting. It was a very warm day, so I it was quite soft.
 I filled the cake with frosting.
 Then I crumb coated the cake. And chilled the cake for half an hour to let the frosting set up.
 Then I frosted it again and chilled it again.
 Then I colored some frosting with pink food coloring.
 I used a decent amount.
 Which made it quite bright pink.
 Then I put it in a piping bag with a small round piping tip.

 Then I got out a couple of paintbrushes I only use for baking.
 Then I used a flower cutter to press the form into the frosting.
 Then I piped following the lines I pressed into the frosting.
 And using a paintbrush, I brushed the frosting toward the center of the flower. Mine was soft enough to be able to brush it without any problems. But if your frosting is harder than mine, dampen your paintbrush with a bit of water first.
 Then continue with the next flower.
 And brush the frosting toward the middle the same way.
 This time I brushed a bit softer.
 Next, I pressed a smaller flower between the ones I had already piped.
 And I outlined them with piping and brushed it the same way as before.
 And did the same technique all the way around the cake. At this point, I had to chill the cake again.
 Then I pressed this flourish design into the top of the cake.
 And I piped along the lines and brushed into the center.
 I think this cake turned out lovely.
 Simple and classy.
 I really like the brushed embroidery effect. It's very forgiving.











Watch us make the whole cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/nC3yt7gO0tc
Schaut zu wie wir diese Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/Z3n6d2PbydQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper