Dress up a Sheet Cake: Vine of Sunflowers Cake

This cake was inspired by fall and flowers. Combine the two and you get sunflowers.

I started out coloring my buttercream. I had some leftover yellow buttercream, but it was too bright, so I added a tiny drop of brown. I also had some leftover black buttercream that I added quite a bit of white to, a bit of yellow and a bit of red to make brown. Then I colored some white buttercream with blue and yellow to make green.
 I also bought some oreo cookies.
 Then I frosted a cake dummy with white buttercream.
 I'm using three piping tips today. A medium round tip, a leaf tip, and a crescent tip.
 I put brown buttercream in a piping bag with the round piping tip. I put green buttercream in a piping bag with a leaf tip and yellow buttercream in a piping bag with the crescent tip.
 
 Then I piped a curly vine with the brown buttercream. Along the top and along the sides.
 I piped petals with the crescent tip radiating out from the center. And pressed an oreo cookie half onto the center to create the middle of the sunflower.
 This one I made a bit larger than the first.
 The last one I made even bigger. I may have gone too far this time.
 Then I piped some small flowers along the sides. The oreo cookies were too large to create the centers this time, so I made them with a dollop of brown buttercream.


 Finally, I piped leaves around the vine and around the flowers.
 I love how this cake turned out.
 It would be the favorite of any sunflower lover.
 And seriously, this wasn't difficult to pipe at all.
 This cake is also a symbolic birthday cake for a friend of mine. We live far away from each other, but her birthday is the beginning of November. So, happy birthday, Bonnie Jean!












Watch us make this cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/xLnKXsTW0r8
Schuat zu wie wir diese Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/Yi0ia-KmF-s

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper