My Little Pony Rainbow Dash Cake

This was a cake I just really wanted to make. I mean, what little girl doesn't love My Little Pony? Friendship, girly colors and fun songs? What more could you want?

And if you don't know my oldest daughter, she reminds me of Rainbow Dash. Always going somewhere doing something. There just no sitting still with this child. It had to be Rainbow Dash.

I started with banana cake and American buttercream.
 I frosted the cake.
 And I mixed some light blue fondant.
 But I needed a lot of color for this cake.
 But the light blue was beautiful.
 I covered the cake with light blue fondant.
 Then I wrapped rainbow colors over a circle cutter to get the general shape. One end curled up. I started with purple.
 Then blue.
 Then I wrapped snakes of all the colors of the rainbow.
 Next I made some clouds out of general puffy shapes.
 And I lined the bottom of the cake with the clouds.
 Finally, it was time to make Rainbow Dash. I started out with her legs. I made a thick snake of light blue fondant and rolled them so the ends were thicker than the tops. My Little Pony characters all have very chunky legs.
 I made the body out of fat tube of light blue fondant.
 And I added some stability with toothpicks.
 Then I shaped the head. It's generally an upside down teardrop shape with two ears pinched out of it.
 I pushed a toothpick all the way through the head, body and front legs into the cake to keep it from wobbling.
 I rolled the rainbow colors into tiny snakes and laid them over the head onto the neck.
 Love the rainbow colors.

 Then I twisted a piece of each color together to form the tail.
 I cut out black, reddish purple and white with piping tips and used them for Rainbow Dash's eyes.
 Of course, I trimmed down the white...
 And lined the top of the eyes with black and added catch lights to the eyes.
 My Little Pony fans, what did I not add to Rainbow Dash? This is a competition to see who is a die-hard My Little Pony fan. What did I miss?
 But how adorable is this cake? It's so cute.
 I love Rainbow Dash. She's just so very colorful.
 This is a super colorful cake perfect for children or the My Little Pony fan in your life.
 Friendship is magic!



















Watch us make this whole My Little Pony Cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/Eq2F7S60SXs
Schaut zu wie wir diese ganze My Little Pony Torte auf YouTube hier: https://youtu.be/1s6SSAbJZQQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper