Dress up a Sheet Cake: Easter Bunny Butt Cake.

This is a fun one for Easter.

As always, I start out with a frosted sheet cake. 


And I colored my buttercream lots of different colors: red, two shades of pink, brown, green and yellow. I also left some white.
 I'm using these three Russian piping tips today.
 I put brown buttercream in a piping bag with a star tip, green with a grass tip, dark pink with a small round tip, the three Russian piping tips I put in bags with combinations of the pinks and yellow, and white buttercream with a medium round tip.
 I wrote Happy Easter on the cake with a skewer.
 And I piped over it with dark pink.
 I piped a few nests around the cake with the brown buttercream.

 Then I piped some bunny butts with white buttercream. I piped a big blob and sprinkles some coconut over it. Then I piped a dot on the top to be the tail and two long lines on the side to be the feet.
 Then I added toes and a heel with the pink.
 I think they're adorable.
 My kids really wanted to help, so I let them put the jelly beans in the nests.

 So sweet.
 I piped grass all around the edges of the cake surrounding all the other decorations, but leaving the middle free.

 Then I piped some flowers using the Russian piping tips.
 And I added some to the sides as well.
 I think this cake turned out sweet.
 I really love the bunny butts. I think they would look great on a cupcake.
 Happy Easter!





Watch us make this cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/-xpuA0Tt6oE
Schaut zu wie wir diese Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/e69fIzxeeoI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper