Dress up a Sheet Cake: Halloween Sheet Cake

 Continuing our series on how to dress up a sheet cake. This time for Halloween.

I started with a sheet cake frosted with orange buttercream.

Using a toothpick, I sketched the words, Happy Halloween into the buttercream.
I piped over the scratched words with white buttercream.
I had white buttercream with a small round piping tip, black buttercream with a small round piping tip and with a small star tip.
I piped two lines of black along the bottom.
Then, at regular intervals, I piped a vertical line with a pointed blob on the top of it.
It's supposed to look like a wrought iron fence.
Then I piped a swirly kind of a twisted tree behind the fence.
And a spider web in the opposite corner.
With a spider, of course.
Then I piped a star border along the edge of the cake at the top and at the bottom.
How sweet is this Halloween cake?
It's just the right balance between spooky and cute.
Perfect for a kids' party.
Happy Halloween!

Watch us make this cute Halloween cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/AGWPfArFlTE
Schaut zu wie wir diese süße Halloween Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/pLuiCDqG184

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper