Dress up a Sheet Cake: Thanksgiving Turkey Cake

 I wanted to make a cake for Thanksgiving. So, getting creative!

I colored some buttercream green, yellow, red and made some chocolate buttercream that is naturally brown.

And, of course, I frosted a sheet cake with white buttercream.
Then, with a toothpick, I write the words Happy Thanksgiving into the white buttercream.
Then I followed the lines with the green buttercream in a piping bag with a small round piping tip.
Then I piped an arch with a petal tip with brown buttercream.
Then I do the same thing with red buttercream.
And again with yellow.
Then I piped a hook in the middle with brown buttercream with a star tip.
I piped a bit of yellow at the tip of the turkey's beak.
And I piped an L at each edge of the cake.
Then I piped some leaves on the tree at the edges.
I also tossed in some yellow leaves. And using the green buttercream, I piped some grass with a leaf tip.
Then I covered the top edge with the same leaf tip.
Then I pipe a bottom edge with the brown buttercream in a star tip.
And I piped red and yellow leaves along the tree.

And I threw in some green leaves just for fun.
And, of course, I added some white eyes to the turkey.
But I'm pretty happy with this cake.
It's cute, sweet and very Thanksgiving appropriate.
Happy Thanksgiving!



Watch us make this festive cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/fXuZoPDPBTw
Schaut zu wie wir diese Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/XAJHNnpeWPQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper