Double chocolate cake

 This cake was for my own birthday. Yes, I make myself birthday cakes. No, it's not weird. It's the best part of being a cake decorator.

I started with 6-inch peanut butter cake. I'm not quite happy with the recipe here, so I will let you know when I'm happy with it.

I filled and frosted the cake with milk chocolate ganache.
Then, I decided to use M&M's and Kinder Riegel to decorate the cake.
I lined the bottom of the cake with M&M's.
And I placed a design on top of the cake.

Next, I whipped the rest of the milk chocolate ganache so I could pipe it. It didn't set up right away. I had to chill the ganache to get it to whip up properly. I put it in a piping bag with a Wilton 1M, or a large open star tip.
I piped the edges of the cake with tall swirls.
And topped them with pieces of Kinder Riegel.
Finally, I added some sprinkles on the swirls.
This cake was absolutely amazing.
Double chocolate with a thick layer of ganache and chocolate pieces on top.
My new favorite thing. Happy Birthday to me.
Watch us make this simple, yet delicious cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/f2amO15R4SE
Schaut zu wie wir diese einfache aber leckere Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/9LbdHIQdm0w

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper