Recipe: Lemon Bars from Scratch

I grew up eating lemon bars. Although, since I've moved to Germany, I haven't seen them much. Then I realized that this is actually an American recipe. That explains it. I decided I needed to learn to make them from scratch, or it would be a long time before I could eat them again. So, here's my recipe for lemon bars from scratch.

Lemon Bars:
2 cups (250g) flour
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1 cup (250g) butter
juice from 2-3 lemons, strained
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups (300g) sugar
1/4 cup (60g) flour

 Combine 2 cups of flour and 1/2 cup of sugar and cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Then press the mixture into the bottom of a 13x9 inch baking pan. Bake it in a 375°F or 190°C oven for about 20 minutes or until the base is a light golden brown color.
 It should look like this when it's ready.
  While you're waiting for the base to bake, you can prepare your lemon mixture. Start out by juicing your lemons. I used three lemons because mine were quite small. If you have larger lemons, you might only need two.
 Then, in a mixing bowl, combine the rest of the sugar and flour.
 Then whisk in the eggs and lemon juice.
Pour the lemon mixture over the baked base.
 Bake at the same temperature about another 20 minutes. The top should be just starting to brown.
 I love these lemon bars. They're so lovely and tart.
 The shortbread crust is flaky and the lemon topping is a lovely and creamy texture.
Watch us make these on my YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/cPZ5WYLbWx4
Schaut zu wie wir diese auf meinem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/R1JkVyLrAxQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper