Nautical Cake

This nautical cake is one I've had in the back of my mind for a long time.

But I didn't want to eat a cake myself, so I made it out of a cake dummy. I used a 6-inch cake dummy and stuck it to the cake board with a bit of vegan American buttercream.
 I frosted it with the buttercream of well.
 And I used a piece of spare cardboard to stick down a 4-inch cake dummy.
 And I frosted this one as well.
 Then I took some bright blue fondant and added some black fondant.
 As well as some black and blue food coloring.
 To eventually make some navy blue.
 Then I covered both tiers in white fondant.

 And I stacked the cake.
 I also covered the cake board. In case you can't tell, the board isn't in great shape. So, I covered it in light blue fondant. But I didn't roll it out large enough the first time, so I had to use off cuts to fill in the gaps. That caused a lot of cracks and seams in the fondant.
 Then I rolled out a strip of navy blue fondant.
 And surrounded the top tier with it.
 As well as the bottom tier.
 I also made a simple anchor out of the navy blue.
 I stuck the anchor onto the top of the cake.
 Then I used a clay extruder to make some white threads.
 I took three of them and twisted them together to create a rope.
 I draped it on the cake to cover the seams in the cake board as well as decorate the space between the tiers.
 I did this with several lengths of white fondant rope.

 This is my favorite rope with the twists in it and originating at the anchor.
 Finally, I added some silver dragees at regular intervals on the navy blue strip.
 But didn't this turn out gorgeous?
 This cake could easily be a nautical wedding cake.
 Or a navy send off.
 I love it. It just makes my heart happy to see how beautiful it turned out.
 The elegant drape of the rope, the clean lines of the navy blue and the regular dragees.








Watch us make this nautical cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/dl-07RzMosA
Schaut zu wie wir diese Seefahrt Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/LrXheczPOaE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper