Alice in Wonderland Cake

 This cake was a request by a YouTube fan, Byron Chandler. Thanks for the request!

So, I started with an 8-inch cake dummy frosted with vegan American buttercream. Then I rolled out a snake of white fondant.
I rolled it into a strip and used a pointed sculpting tool to make a ruffled edge.
Then I rolled out some blue fondant, measured it, and used a large bowl as a template to cut out a large circle.

Then I laid it on the cake, leaving a little peak of the ruffles underneath. Just like Alice's dress.

Then I got out some pink and purple fondant.

And I rolled them into snakes and cut them the same length.
And I rolled them out like one piece of fondant.
And I covered a 6-inch cake dummy with it.
I trimmed it to size.
And stacked this tier on top of the other tier.

Then I cut a strip of white fondant and wrapped it around the top tier.

And I made a large fondant bow and placed it on one side of the cake.
I also rolled out a circle of white fondant, and used the back side of circle cutters to add circles to it. And I pressed a tool against the side to create a crinkled texture of the saucer.
And I placed it on top of the cake.
Then I made a teacup.
Complete with bottom and handle.
And I placed it on top of the cake. I know it's a touch wonky, but that seemed to go with the Alice in Wonderland theme.
Then I rolled out some rectangles of white fondant.
I used this flower cutter.
Cut them in half.
And formed them into a crosses or clubs.
I also made some 2's, 3's and A's using a fondant press form. And I placed them onto the rectangles to create cards.
Then I painted the markings with black food coloring.
And I placed them on the cake.
I cut out a large circle out of yellow fondant and covered it with a white circle. Then I made these rings using round piping tips of two different sizes.
I laid the rings along one side of the watch and cut some rings in half to create the links. Then I painted a watch face with black food coloring.
I also painted the teacup with pink, purple and green as well as gold on the edges.
And I made a door knob complete with a keyhole and black eyes.
Finally, I made a red rose.
I love all the elements of Alice on this cake. The teacup, the playing cards, the rose, the bow, the watch, the stripes, the ruffles, and the door knob.







Watch us make this cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/nUNkvCQGYJY
Schaut zu wie wir diese Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/6uqFoNC7jSc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper