College-level Math Cake

 Most of my followers of American Baker in Germany won't know that I actually have a Master's Degree in Mathematics. And I have noticed that most math-themed cakes contain what I consider 9th grade math, which is fine if that's what you want, but if you want to make a college-level math-themed cake, I'm here for you.

I start out with a frosted half-sheet cake, because we're going to want lots of space to write our formulas on it.

I started out with Fermat's Last Theorem. The upside-down A means for all. It just makes it shorter to write.
I'm using these store-bought writing tubes, which I regretted using because they seriously hurt my hands with the amount of pressure I had to use to get it out.
This is Euler's identity. It connects five of the most significant numbers in the world. e, i, pi, 1 and 0.
This is the Wallis product.
This is one of the definitions of the exponential function. I never pass up a chance to use factorial.
This is the fundamental theorem of calculus. Some people may have seen it in high school, but it is considered first year college level.
This is the Gaussian Integral.
This is a variation of the Taylor series.
Then, once the top of the cake is full, I decided I wanted to include a few significant irrational numbers on the side of the cake. So, I included pi, of course.
And e.
And phi, also known as the golden ratio.
And the square root of two.
So, this is a really different cake for me. It's not really pretty, but it sure is full of knowledge.
I think anyone who is very interested in mathematics would love a cake like this.



Watch us make this math cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/aNJ11Kq71vU
Schaut zu wie wir diese Mathe Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/wTjXE16ADDQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper