My new favorite vanilla cake recipe

I haven't been happy with my vanilla cake recipe since the shamrock baptism cake. I realized then, that although my usual go to recipe tasted great and held up well to stacking, the batter was really too thin to do some things like the surprise inside cake, and that it can brown a bit too much sometimes even on the inside. I decided I needed a new go to recipe that doesn't have either of these problems.
I found one on pinterest that promised to be what I needed and I decided to try it. It can be found here: https://sugarspunrun.com/the-best-white-cake-recipe/


Here's the base batter minus the egg whites.
Here are the beaten egg whites ready to be folded in.
Gently fold them together.
And your batter looks like this.
Here's what it looks like when baked.
Inside is just gorgeous, fluffy white cake. I'm in love!

This cake was lighter than my usual one with the whipped egg whites. It did brown some on the outside but the inside was white and gorgeous. If the whiteness is needed, then the outside can be trimmed off. The best part? It tasted fantastic. I might sometime substitute buttermilk for the milk because I prefer the taste, but that's me. This really is a fabulous recipe.

Watch us make it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/bRptRdIVY4c
Schaut zu, wie wir es auf YouTube machen: https://youtu.be/6oxfGbDnzQc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper