Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe

I had made a video with this recipe long ago, but my original blog post with the vegan chocolate cake recipe is kind of buried under a lot of other things plus it's not alone in the post, so I decided it was time for a new one.

So, first things first:

Vegan Chocolate Cake:
2 cups (450 mL) milk alternative (any kind works fine, pick your favorite: almond milk, soy milk, rice milk, coconut milk, etc.)
2/3 cup (150 mL) vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar (300g)
2 tsp vanilla extract or 2 packets (2 tbsp) vanilla sugar
1 tbsp vinegar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup (70g) baking cocoa
2 cups (240g) flour

Add your milk alternative, sugar, oil, vanilla and vinegar to a mixing bowl. Mix until the sugar is dissolved. Add salt, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa and mix until combined. Then add flour and mix until there are no chunks of flour left, making sure to scrape the bowl in between. The batter will be rather thin. Then bake at 350° F or 180° C in a greased cake pan until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Usually between 35 and 50 minutes. Makes two 8 inch round cake or one 10 inch round cake or 24 cupcakes. Note: the batter will taste slightly of vinegar. This is normal. The vinegar taste will go away after it's baked.

This cake is super easy to make and tastes amazing. It is my go-to chocolate cake recipe. I don't even make regular chocolate cake anymore because I love this vegan recipe so much. Here are a few pictures of me using them to make cakes.

This one was my dragon birthday cake.
 This one was the Spanish Book of Mormon baptism cake.
 This one, too.
 This was my chocolate drip cake with sprinkles.
 This was the strawberry basket cake.
I also used it on the After Eight clock cake, the LOL Surprise birthday cake, the Black Forest cuckoo clock cake, the Black Forest cherry cake, the buttercream fruit and flowers cake and more. Yes, I really love this recipe that much. Everyone is always shocked that it's vegan.

Watch me make it on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/EjTF92_kZ_k
Schaut zu, wie ich es auf YouTube mache hier: https://youtu.be/RbRInEdepU0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper