Tutorial: How to use a Multisize baking form

My sister-in-law gave me an unexpected, but very welcome gift for my last birthday. She gave me an adjustable baking form. I love it so much that I wanted to share with others how to use it if they ever got one.

It's called a multisize baking form, made in England.
First of all, it comes in pieces. There are a total of nine pieces. One base and eight side pieces of the same length. The base of mine suffered a little in transit, but that little dent on the left hand side doesn't stop it from working.
 There are four different kinds of long pieces. And the best part is they're labeled. Here are S1 and S2. These are the side pieces. Notice the different between them. One is pointing up and the other is pointing down.
 There are also D1 and D2 pieces. They each have a hook at the top, but one has slots facing up and the other facing down. These are the divider pieces.
 First, set up the side pieces interlocking like this. The two S1's are opposite each other and the slots of the S2's fit into the slots along the edges. But look how deep that is! It's probably 4 inches deep and is a perfect 12 by 12 inch square. The notches along the top are every inch, so you can quickly figure out how big your forms are.
 Next, you can place your divider pieces. Start with the two D1 pieces. They're the ones with the slots facing up. Then place the D2 pieces into them. Sometimes it takes a moment to get all the slots lined up.
 But once you've got everything adjusted, it's amazing. I mean, everything fits together perfectly and is super flexible. I've made 4x6 inch cakes in this, 10x10inch, 6x6inch. Seriously. This replaces an entire set of square pans plus all sizes of small rectangular pans.

 Now, the divider with the slots facing down needs to be covered or the batter will leak through it. I used a small piece of parchment paper and covered the slots.

 I also placed a piece of parchment paper along the bottom. This configuration will make a 10x10 inch cake.
 Then I poured my batter in. It leaked out the sides a very minimal amount.

 The parchment paper held, though.


 However, the form was shaken slightly by putting it into the oven, so a little bit of batter leaked out the sides.
 It was quite minimal, though, and still baked the cake really well.
 I love this form. It's become my favorite form now. You do have to be quite careful in putting it into and out of the oven or you can jog the connections and cause some of the batter to leak out the cracks in the form. But otherwise, it's amazing.
 Thank you, Norma, for the amazing gift. I absolutely love it!
Watch us use it on YouTube: https://youtu.be/8HJ46vzTqlk
Schaut zu wie wir es auf YouTube benutzen: https://youtu.be/lSAwe5GC4cY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper