Dress up a Sheet Cake: New Year's Eve Cake

This year, I decided to make a cake for new year's eve. This is what I came up with.

I started out coloring my buttercream black.
 It took a couple of attempts,
 But it eventually darkened to a point that I was happy with it.
 Then I frosted my sheet cake with the black buttercream.
 I also had several different colors of sprinkles I wanted to use. Gold, silver and pearl.
 I used a cake pan to impress a large circle.
 And I put some white buttercream in a piping bag with a small round tip.
 I traced the circle with the white buttercream.
 Then I piped the Roman numerals onto the clock.


 I also piped some clock hands pointing to twelve.
 Then I piped some fireworks onto the corners and along the sides by simply piping some stars.
 I added some gold star sprinkles.
 And I added gold and pearl sprinkles onto the fireworks as well as some white sanding sugar on the top of the cake.
 Finally, I added some silver sprinkles around the fireworks to give it the illusion of motion.
 I think this cake is perfect for New Year's eve.
 Have I mentioned that I love clocks?
 So pretty.
 I love the contrast and the sprinkles.The just add that extra sparkle.

 Happy New Year!













Watch us make this cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/XN_0WT61tQE
Schaut zu wie wir diese Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/9c46M6K_jXM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper