Dress up a Sheet Cake: Valentine's Day Ombre Petal Cake

Shades of pink and red. Hearts. Petals. What could be more romantic and more appropriate for Valentine's Day?

First I frosted my sheet cake with white buttercream.
 I got out four similar sized round piping tips.
 I had two bowls of buttercream.
 which I colored with pink food coloring. One with significantly more coloring than the other.
 I mixed them through and I had two different shades of pink.
 I also had white and red buttercream. I put all four colors into piping bags with the large round piping tips.
 The technique is called a petal technique. There are a couple ways to do this. You can pipe a blog and use the back of a spoon to smear it in one direction. But my favorite way is to pipe the blob and pull in one direction with the piping tip.
 I kept the same order of the colors all along and set the pattern down one every row.
 I continued this pattern all the way along the sides of the cake.
 And all the way around.
 Then I used the same petal technique to pipe a large heart in the middle of the cake.
 Then I piped some overlapping pink petals to create tiny little hearts. Instead of doing the same thing with white, I piped a few blobs of white around to add texture.
 I love this design. It's so romantic.
 Happy Valentine's Day!












Watch us make this cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/WzqtMHxjpwo
Schaut zu wie wir diese Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/oili21Mx0OM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper