Dress up a Sheet Cake: St. Patrick's Day Shamrock Cake

This year, we're making a St. Patrick's Day shamrock cake as our sheet cake.

As usual, we start out with a frosted sheet cake. You can frost it yourself, you can leave it in the pan and only frost the top or you can buy it frosted.
 Today we're only using two tips. One large round tip and one small round tip.
 I put green buttercream in piping bags with our two tips.
 Then, with the larger tip, I piped a pearl border along the bottom edge. To make this one, you just pipe dabs in a row.
 Then, I wanted to pipe some shamrocks. To make a shamrock, you start out by piping a heart, which is basically just an overlapping pair of petals.
 Then you pipe this same heart pattern in three directions with the tips of the hearts meeting in the middle. Finally, pipe a stem with the small piping tip.
 I piped shamrocks on each corner.
 Then I sketched out the words Happy St. Patrick's Day with a skewer.
 I followed my sketch with the small round piping tip.
 Then I completed the border of the cake with shamrocks.
 How sweetly simple is this St. Patrick's Day cake?
 It's something anyone could do, but still looks quite festive.
 Happy St. Patrick's Day!








Watch us make this cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/UnTx0KiC2fc
Schaut zu wie wir diese Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal hier: https://youtu.be/e-4BX23x3pQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper