Dress up a Sheet Cake: Stars and Stripes Patriotic Cake

This time for the fourth of July I decided to make a simple sheet cake.

We start out with a white frosted sheet cake. You can frost it yourself, leave it in the pan and only frost the top, or you can buy it frosted.
 Then I put some buttercream in two separate bowls and added blue gel food coloring to one and red to the other.
 And I mixed them through.
 And I'm using three medium star tips.
 I put some red, white and blue buttercream in piping bags with the star tips.
 I started with red and piped some simple stars onto the sides of the cake to create stripes.
 All the way around the cake.
 I also got out three different sizes of star cutters.
 I pressed them onto the top of the cake.
 Then I filled them in with some simple stars piped to fill in the stars with blue buttercream.
 I filled in all of the stars with blue.
 Finally, I piped a shell border along the edge of the cake with white buttercream.
 I think this cake is perfect for the Fourth of July.
 What could be more patriotic than stars and stripes?
 Happy Independence Day.




Watch us pipe this simple sheet cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/S3yo04f3NX4
Schaut zu wie wir diesen einfachen Blechkuchen auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/WrbEMI01CcI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper