Tea Party Cake

This one is a very feminine, whimsical cake. One I've been wanting to make for a while.

I started out with four-inch round funfetti cake and stacked it with vanilla American buttercream.
 Then I crumb-coated the cake.
 And frosted it again.
 Then I rolled out some pale lavender fondant.
 And I covered the cake with it. But instead of smoothing it onto the cake, I left the folds in it and just trimmed it at the bottom so that it looked a little like a tablecloth.
 Then I cut out a square of white fondant.
 And pressed some flower texture into it.
 And laid it over the cake like a second tablecloth.
 Then I got out some gum paste. I rolled a ball. And cut out some small circles.
 I also rolled a snake of gum paste and formed a handle and spout of the tea pot.
 I placed one circle on the bottom of the tea pot and one on top to be the lid as well as a tiny ball to be the lid handle. Then I cut out four more circles and rolled four same-sized spheres.
 Then, using the end of a paintbrush, I folded the spheres around the end to form cups.
 I rolled out another snake of gum paste and formed handles for the tea cups.
 Then I placed the tea pot and the tea cups onto the table.
 I also made two square plates out of gum paste.
 Then I rolled a handful of small spheres with a gentle point out of red fondant and stuck a tiny piece of green to the top to make tiny strawberries.
 And I placed them into one of the plates.
 I had some dark red fondant that I used for the tea, pressing the tiny balls of fondant into the cups with the handle of a paintbrush.
 Then I cut out a few rectangles to be tiny little cookies.
 And placed them on the second plate.
 Then I mixed some gold luster dust with clear alcohol to make an edible paint.
 And I painted all the edges of the china with gold.
 I think this miniature tea party cake is absolutely adorable.
 Both my girls wanted to play with it.
 So tiny and elegant.










Watch me make this delicate cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/uBNWKQ4afWI
Schaut zu wie ich diese delikate Torte auf YouTube mache hier: https://youtu.be/-KJNR4CIF3E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper