Three-tiered Buttercream Striped Cake

 I've never made a striped buttercream cake before. I know that's weird. Of all the cakes I've made before, I've never jumped on the striped buttercream trend. I thought it was time.

On a whim, I decided to make a three-tiered cake. I have three tiers of cake dummies. So, I colored some buttercream three shades of purple.

I started with the bottom tier. I frosted it with white buttercream.
I used a cake comb to create the stripes.

I put the darkest color of purple in a piping bag and filled in the stripes.
I smoothed the sides to look like stripes. And I smoothed the top as well.
Then I did the same thing with the center tier.

And the top tier.

And I stacked it. No dowels needed on a cake dummy.
So, my three purples are still in the piping bags.
I placed the entire bag into another bag with a Wilton 1M tip.
I piped a star border along the bottom of the tier, beginning with the top tier.
And I piped a few dollops on top of the cake.
I piped star borders along the bottom of the tiers.
But, honestly? Not to toot my own horn, but I knocked this one out of the park.
I love this cake!
For someone who's never made a striped buttercream cake before, I'm super proud of myself.
Gorgeous!


Watch us make this epic striped cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/QPwweGOvQk8
Schaut zu wie wir diese wunderschöne gestreifte Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/Re9V08inj0Q

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper