Garden Retro Lambeth Piping Buttercream Cake

 Every year I make a dear friend of mine a birthday cake. It's usually a virtual birthday cake. And this year is no exception. 

I colored some buttercream light green, yellow, pink and purple and I love some white.

I also needed a whole bunch of piping tips.
I put the purple buttercream in a piping bag with a petal tip, yellow with a crescent tip, pink with a medium star tip, green with a small leaf tip and white buttercream with three different sizes of small star tips.
Then I frosted a 8 inch round cake dummy with light green buttercream.
I piped a zig zag border along the bottom with white.
Then I piped a rope border with a small star tip along the top of the zig zag border.
Then, by wiggling the star tip, I piped a swag along the side of the cake.
Then, I piped a couple stars dripping from the tip of the swags.
Then, using the petal tip, I piped purple pansies along the top of the cake.
Then I piped a few yellow daisies with the crescent tip.
And I piped a few drop flowers with pink.
Then I piped the centers of the flowers with white drop flowers.
Then I piped a reverse shell border along the edge of the cake. That's just a loop to the right followed by a loop to the left.
I love the flowers.
This is my favorite part. Classic piping. Gorgeous.
And then I realized that I forgot the leaves. So, I added them at the end.
But I'm seriously in love with this cake.
Happy Birthday, Bonnie Jean.


Watch us pipe this gorgeous cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/OEGbpEFjs8c
Schaut zu wie wir diese wunderschöne Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/D2aXKZX4blQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper