Trying out Christmas-themed Russian Piping Tips on a Christmas Cake

 A few months ago, I was sent a box of baking supplies from the TDOZ Market. (https://thetdozmarket.com/collections/baking) One of the cool items in the package was a set of Christmas-themed Russian piping tips. I was super excited to try them, but Christmas was a long way away. Hence, I didn't try them right away. But now's the time!

Here's the wide variety I have. How cool are these?

But I chose two snowflakes, one Santa, one Christmas tree and the branch, candy cane, present and bell. Let's try them out.

We'll start out with a snowflake tip.

I started out with a practice pipe on a piece of cardboard.
And I chose the best one from the cake so everyone can clearly see what it looks like.

The next one is a different snowflake.


This one didn't have nearly as much definition as I was expecting, but I kind of liked the result better... Yes, that's gorgeous.

The next one is a bell shaped tip.


When you can see the definition, it's really pretty.

And now the candy cane.


I thought this one would look like stripes with the red on the white, but it didn't. I think this would look better if you used striped buttercream.
Then a present with a bow.
I was very disappointed in the initial result.
But it turned out quite cute with a bit of practice.

 Then Santa's jolly face.

But, disappointingly, the details are really hard to see.
But if you get it just right, you can tell what you're looking at.

And a Christmas tree.

Um... wow! Gorgeous!
Yep. Solidly my favorite.
And a branch.
This one was hit and miss in practice.
But once you get the hang of it, it looks great!
Here's all of them together.
And I frosted a cake dummy with white buttercream on the sides and green buttercream on the top.
I piped some green trees around the bottom of the cake.

And I piped some Christmas presents between every second tree.
And candy canes where there are no presents.
Then I piped a branch above the candy canes and presents.
And I piped a Santa between each of the branches.
Then I piped some white snowflakes around the edge of the cake.
And a row of ringing bells.
Finally I piped some more snowflakes around the middle.
But this exercise was really fun.
How cute are these piped decorations?
I would recommend these for anyone who is interested in them.

Watch us try out these fun piping tips on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/-4OqlWIDOm0
Schaut zu wie wir diese süße Spritztüllen ausprobieren auf unserem YouTube Kanal hier: https://youtu.be/wjNDXPY_SeQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper