New Year's Buttercream Cake

 This cake was a bit spontaneous. But it's perfect for New Year's Eve!

First, I put a bit of buttercream in a couple of bowls.

I colored them with black and ivory food coloring.
Lovely colors!
Then I placed a cake dummy in the middle of a cake board.
And frosted it with vegan American buttercream.
I also spread some buttercream on the cake board.
I put the black buttercream in a piping bag with a small round tip and the ivory buttercream in a piping bag with a medium star tip.
I discovered I didn't have the right size alphabet cutter to use as an imprint, so I freehanded the numbers on the clock face.
Then I piped the clock hands pointing to just before midnight.
I piped some swirls and stars along the side with the ivory food coloring.
And I piped a star border along the edge of the clock face.
I am using this glamour sprinkles mix that I got from Rewe today.
I mixed all of the sprinkles together which were black, gold and white in color.
Isn't that lovely?
And I spread the sprinkles along the buttercream on the cake board as well as stars on top of the swirls and black sugar pearls on top of the stars.
But how perfect is this cake for New Year's eve?
Thiswas seriously my kids' favorite cake I've made in a while. I think it was the sprinkles.
Happy New Year!

Watch us make this New Year's Cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/Yd86ijQp7Jw
Schaut zu wie wir diese Silvester Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/56VF-cQ4pNg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper