Peace Offering Apology Cake

 As I was thinking about it, I realized that birthdays and weddings aren't the only occasions that warrant a cake. Some people feel very bad about something and want to apologize. This may not be the most common reasons to need a cake, but this is what I came up with if you want to apologize big time.

Once again, because this is not for an actual occasion, I am decorating a 6-inch cake dummy. I frost the cake with vegan American buttercream.

I cover the cake with white fondant.
And trim the fondant to the cake.
Now, I'm decorating my cake with these three colors: blue, pink and purple.
I want to marble them together a bit.
Then I cut out a large circle from the marbled fondant.
And I cut a peace sign out of that. I just felt that an apology cake is a peace offering. So, what is better for a peace offering than a peace sign?
I turned the design upside down to hide the guide lines and placed it on top of the cake.
Then I cut out a whole bunch of flowers out of the marbled fondant and the word Sorry out of each color individually.
I placed the word centered on the cake.
Alternating the colors of the letters.
Then I put a total of three of these around the cake.

And I placed the rest of the flowers all over the cake.
But I am very happy with this cake. It has a fun flower child vibe.
But it is an absolute peace offering.
So sorry!


Watch us make this sweet apology cake on our YouTube video here: https://youtu.be/l3APh1Uwvnk
Schaut zu wie wir diese Entschuldigungstorte auf unserem YouTube Video machen hier: https://youtu.be/X69Hk8quHk4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper