Tinkerbell Cake

 This cake is just one I wanted to make. It just makes my heart happy.

I started by getting this image of Tinkerbell.

I created a background in pink fondant and cut it into a circle. I placed it on a piece of wood to make it more stable.
Then I rolled out some flesh-colored fondant and cut around my template.
I pressed the lines of the image into it.
And cut out only the pieces that were skin-colored.
Then I did the same thing with yellow fondant for the hair.
And placed it on the head.
Then I did the same thing with green fondant for the dress and shoes.
At this point, I placed the image on the pink background.
Then I cut out the wings from white fondant.
and placed them on the image as well as white pompoms on the shoes.
And just to add a bit of whimsy to the background, I added a couple stars and small butterflies.
I painted the image with food coloring mixed with alcohol. I painted the wings with pale blue, the butterflies with blue, the skin and hair with pale brown, the mouth with dark brown and the eyes with black.
Then I frosted a 6-inch cake dummy with green buttercream.
I placed the Tinkerbell image onto the cake.
Then I used a fondant press mold to make these tiny roses out of pink fondant.
My daughter helped me make some green leaves.


And we make some yellow flowers.
Then we start placing them around the cake, starting with the biggest ones.
But seriously? I am in love.
I love this cake. I love the colors. I love the design. There's not much I don't like here.
Really whimsical and beautiful.



Watch us make this lovely cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/8bnac7E2J8w
Schaut zu wie wir diese schöne Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/rctZia00CiE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper