Old-fashioned piping with drop lines cake

 This time, I just wanted to work on my piping skills. I've never really piped drop lines before. But I think I'm up for it.

I colored some buttercream with purple and a bit of pink food coloring to create this lovely lavender. I frosted a 6-inch cake dummy with it.

Now, I'm using two sizes of round tips and a couple different star tips.
Most were white, but one was purple.
I piped the large round tip along some lines I had pressed into the side of the cake. That's one way to pipe something that looks like drop lines.
And around those faux drop lines, I piped some real drop lines around the top with the small round tip.
And just for fun, I added some long drop lines down the side of the cake. I kind of like it.
Then I piped a shell border along the bottom of the cake.
And I piped tiny swirls on top of the shells.
And a large star where the large faux drop lines met along the top.
And a small star where the small drop lines meet.
And a small crown of rope border.
With a purple swirl on top.
I piped some swirls with the round tip around the cake.
And some purple ones between the white ones.
Then I made some stylized loops around the edge of the cake.
Finally, I piped some purple stars on the loops.
I love it. I think the center is reminiscent of a crown.
The drop lines just reminds everyone how delicate old-fashioned piping really is.
So pretty!



Watch us make this old-fashioned cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/vYanXoqlg0g
Schaut zu wie wir diese altmodische Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/oVfbTZcfeNc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper