Gray Drip Birthday Cake

 This cake is for my husband's birthday. His favorite color is gray.

I made a six-inch red velvet cake and frosted it with white chocolate ganache.

Then I used this Happy Birthday press to make an impression in the ganache.
You could just see it.
And I put some gray ganache in a piping bag with a small round tip.
And I piped Happy Birthday following the lines.
Then I heated the ganache up a bit and piped a drip on the edge of the cake. I had to make two tries, so there was quite a bit of ganache pooling on the cake board.
So, I cleaned up some puddles.
And piped a border with a pearl border.
And I put some white ganache in a piping bag with a star tip.
And piped some swirls on the edge of the cake.
This is a very classic birthday cake, but it was exactly what my husband wanted.
Happy Birthday, Simon!




Watch us make this classic cake on YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/3wt6E63Zq00
Schaut zu wie wir diese klassische Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/vLc9KYLF5G0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper