Two-tiered LOL Surprise Birthday Cake

 This cake was basically designed by my 8-year-old. She told me exactly what she wanted for her birthday party.

The bottom tier is 6-inch chocolate cake filled and frosted with white chocolate ganache.


Then I cut a circle of cardboard about 4 inches in diameter and covered it with tin foil.
I stacked and frosted a 4-inch red velvet cake with white chocolate ganache.
Then I covered the top tier in turquoise fondant.
And the bottom tier in pink fondant.
I placed dowels into the bottom tier in this triangular formation.
Then I stacked the tiers. The dowels may not have been necessary since this cake is so small, but I wanted to add them just to increase stability.
Then I cut some pink fondant into strips. And, using the measurement marks on my silicone mat, I made diagonal cuts at regular intervals.
Then I created a zig-zag on the side of the top tier with the diagonal strips.
All the way around the cake.
And I cut out some polka dots with a round piping tip and placed them on the top of the cake.
Then I cut some strips of turquoise fondant and made them into diagonal stripes along the side of the bottom tier.
All the way around the cake.
And, just to spice it up a bit, I added some white flowers around the cake.
And, finally, I added two LOL Surprise dolls onto the cake. The top doll is MC Swag and the bottom doll is Diva.
My daughter loved her birthday cake. It's exactly what she designed.
The colors are on brand for LOL Surprise and the dolls really make the cake.
Happy Birthday, Sabrina!






Watch us make this LOL Surprise cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/tWpL0tm9o9Y
Schaut zu wie wir diese LOL Surprise Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/sy7cj6lAaHc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper