Dress up a Sheet Cake: German Brandenburg Gate Cake

 This cake is to celebrate German Reunification Day on October 3.

I started out frosting a sheet cake dummy with vegan American buttercream.

Then I cut a strip with points at the ends and placed it on the top of the cake.
And a rectangle with points in the middle.
And I placed flat pillars as regularly as I could for 6 of them.
Then I rolled out some green pretty thick. And I cut the general shape of the topper. I wasn't trying to make a perfect replica of the statue. I just wanted the general silhouette.
And I placed it on top.
And I used a pointed sculpting tool to make texture mimicking the Brandenburg Gate (Brandenburger Tor).
Then I rolled out some lack fondant and cut out the words Einigkeit (union), Recht (rights), Freiheit (freedom), which is the country motto.
And I placed the words on the side of the cake.

Finally, I piped a shell border along the bottom and a star border along to edge of the cake.
I think this is a lovely homage to Germany.
Anyone familiar with the country of German would recognize what I'm trying to do here.
Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit für das deutsche Vaterland.






Watch us make this cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/l-wKRHrSIZA
Schaut zu wie wir diese Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/FT_qIyvo1Fs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper