Steampunk Clock Cake

 I make some kind of steampunk-themed cake every year. This year I decided to make a mini cake in the form of an old-fashioned mechanical clock.

I started out by frosting a 4-inch cake dummy with vegan American buttercream and cover it with black fondant.

And then I used a dresden tool to press in a brick/stone texture.
I used a fondant press mold to make Roman numerals of all numbers between 1 and 12.
I also used a round piping tip to press in rivets at the edges of the "stones" and brushed it with gold dust.
I ended up deciding to only place the 4 corner numbers onto the clock. I also made a gear to place in the middle of the clock and placed two hands on the clock. Then I mixed some edible gold dust with alcohol and painted the creases and rivets with it and painted the hands and gear with it as well.
I love how metallic and mechanical it looks.
I also have a low-key obsession with clocks.
So pretty.

Watch us make this steampunk clock cake on my YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/r3FGEkz3hm0
Schaut zu wie wir diese Steampunk Uhr Torte auf meinem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/lT2fLBNXlHI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper