Small White Dog Cake - White Terrier

 I got a suggestion to make a dog cake. My vision for this cake is more a portrait cake similar to the unicorn cakes that were going around for so long. So, I'm making a white terrier.

I started out making the ears out of pink fondant. I sized them according to the 4-inch cake dummy I would be decorating.

Then I frosted the cake dummy with vegan American buttercream.
And I placed the ears on the top.
And I made two large eyes out of black fondant and placed them on the side.
And I made a triangular black nose and placed a couple of holes in it to be nostrils, but I will be placing it on the cake later.
Then I put white buttercream in a piping bag with a grass tip.
I piped the fur on with the grass tip.
I made sure that some of the fur was covering the eyes, as terriers are known for. However, the hair doesn't grow over their noses. So, I placed the nose after I was finished piping.
Then I made a red bow out of fondant and placed it behind the ears of the dog.

So, after I had taken the first couple photos, I realized that the ears needed a bit more fur. So, I piped more fur onto the tips of the ears. Much better.
I am in love with this cake.
I hadn't made a dog cake yet, and I am absolutely happy with this cake.
The terrier is very recognizable and the bow just shows that this is a sweet little girl dog.
Watch us make this adorable dog cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/h2Y_sa7Uev4
Schaut zu wie wir diese süße Hunde Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/hJS3w7dWCE8

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper