Recipe: Soft and Fluffy Sugar Cookies

 So, for this recipe, I was watching someone make Lofthouse copycat sugar cookies and I remembered that I don't actually have a sugar cookie recipe up on my channel. So, these are similar to the Lofthouse copycat cookies, but I did put my own personal spin on it, so I'm not calling them Lofthouse copycat. They taste a bit different, so I don't want to build up an expectation I can't hold up.

Here's the original Lofthouse copycat recipe I based this on: https://www.hanielas.com/soft-lofthouse-cookies/

Soft, fluffy sugar cookies:
2 3/4 cup (350g) flour
1/4 cup (30g) corn starch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup (125g) butter
2 tbsp oil
1 egg
2 cups (250g) powdered sugar
1/2 cup (120mL) sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract or 2 tbsp vanilla sugar


Cream butter. Add oil and sour cream and cream together. Beat in egg. Beat in powdered sugar. 





Add vanilla, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix in corn starch and flour. Dough will be quite sticky. 


Spoon onto lined baking sheet. Press down with the bottom of a cup dipped in sugar. 



Bake at 350°F or 180°C for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are no longer shiny. Allow to cool completely. These pair very well with buttercream and sprinkles.




Watch us make these amazing cookies on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/_9PhJH4XY9k
Schaut zu wie wir diese leckere Kekse auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/rwBjjGUhZmo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper