Twelve Days of Christmas Cake

 I love the song the Twelve Days of Christmas. This is my homage to it.

I frosted a sheet cake dummy with vegan American buttercream.

I used a spatula to divide the cake into twelve equal parts.
And I used a fondant press mold to make the numbers 1 through 12 and placed them into the boxes.
First, I modeled a pear.
And placed it in the first box. And I used a dove cut out to make two white doves and placed them in the second box.
I then modeled a gray hen and placed it in the third box. A yellow song bird in the fourth box. And a old ring in the fifth box.
And I modeled a gray goose in the sixth box, placing a toothpick to get the long neck to stand up straight.
And I modeled a white swan using two pieces of toothpicks to make the bent neck. And I made a milk pail for the eighth box.
Nine and ten I couldn't get around making the people, since nothing else represents them. So, I made 2D people. A lady dancing in box 9 and a Lord leaping in box ten.
Box eleven gets a recorder.
And box twelve gets a snare drum.
Then I filled two piping bags with red buttercream and two sizes of star tips.
I piped small stars between the boxes and a shell border along the bottom and the top edge of the cake.
I think this cake is adorable. On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me: A Partridge in a Pear Tree.
Two Turtle Doves.
Three French Hens.
Four Calling Birds.
Five Golden Rings.
Six Geese a Laying.
Seven Swans a Swimming.
Eight Maids a Milking.
Nine Ladies Dancing.
Ten Lords a Leaping.
Eleven Pipers Piping.
Twelve Drummers Drumming.

Watch us make this lovely cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/gMsQXsDgFBM
Schaut zu wie wir diese schöne Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/HFrzkPsqkZY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper