Stained Glass Rose Cake

 I decided I wanted to make a cake that looks like stained glass. And what looks amazing in stained glass style? Roses. Here's my version.

I started out coloring buttercream a pinkish red, green and black.

And I put them in piping bags. The red and green with no tip and the black with a round tip.
I frosted a sheet cake dummy with white vegan American buttercream.
And I scratched on the design with a pointed sculpting tool.
I piped the red onto the petals of the rose and smoothed it on with an off-set spatula. And I did the same thing with the leaves and stems of the the rose.
Then I piped on a red border.
I outlined everything with black buttercream, including between what would be panels of glass.
Then I piped some red borders along the sides and a vine with leaves in the space between.
And I outlined everything on the sides in black as well.
I am in love with this cake. I think it turned out gorgeous.
It actually slightly reminds me of the stained glass in Beauty and the Beast.

Watch us make this gorgeous rose cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/LFQ50iA4Su0
Schaut zu wie wir diese wunderschöne Rose Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/ATUAjgQwK_Q

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper