Little Red Riding Hood Cake

 This cake was an order from a friend of mine for her daughter's fifth birthday.

The day before, I made a figure of Red Riding Hood. I rolled a white cone and cut off the tip.

Then I added a red stripe around the bottom of the dress. And I rolled some flesh-colored arms and added them to the figure.
And I added a sphere of flesh-colored fondant and secured it with a toothpick.
I pressed in a very simple face. Just eye holes and a mouth.
I added some brown triangles on the head.
And a couple more for pigtails.
I cut out a dome of red.
And wrapped it around the figure.
And I used a press mold to make some small bows out of red fondant and placed them in the hair and under the chin.
And I painted on some black eyes and ivory eyebrows and mouth. And I added a tiny dot of flesh-colored fondant for the nose. And let's get this out of the way. I know she doesn't have hands. Hands are hard.
This is a 7-inch chocolate chip cake and vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream. This is this family's favorite combination.
But I might have gotten carried away with the height...
I frosted the cake.
I made some pale green fondant and covered the cake with it.
I also made three shades of green to use later.
Then I rolled out some black fondant and cut out the shape of a wolf from a photo of an actual wolf. I know it doesn't really look like it at this point, but ignoring the head (on the right), the body isn't too bad.
Then I made the head separately.
And added it to the wolf's body.
I also rolled out some dark green fondant and cut out three sizes of leaf cutters.
But first, I added some brown tree trunks. I wanted the wolf to be behind one of the trees.
And I added three colors of leaves all over the trees to make it a forest.

Then I cut out the little girl's name out of red fondant using tap its.
I placed the figure where I wanted it in the front and placed the name behind her.

Finally, I made some red mushrooms and added dots of white to the top of them.
I am so happy with this adorable cake.
I really think it turned out cute.
My friend was very happy with it and it really made Romy's birthday something special.
Happy Birthday, Romy.

Watch us make this fairy-tale cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/AGRBWauEygA
Schaut zu wie wir diese Märchen Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/JRwO7XJlILI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper