Recipe: Peanut Butter Cake

 Okay, I love cake. But peanut butter and cake is actually really hard to get just right. I've tried literally dozens of recipes. This is my own version. Peanut butter can dry out a cake, it can bake it crumbly, it can make it oily. This is my very best version. I hope you love it as much as I do.

Peanut Butter Cake:
1/2 cup (125g) peanut butter
1/2 cup (110mL) oil
2 cups (400g) sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract or 3 tbsp vanilla sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
3 cups (375g) flour
1 cup (225mL) milk
6 egg whites


Cream peanut butter and oil together with the sugar. 



Mix in vanilla and baking powder. Alternate flour in 3 additions and milk in two additions. 


In a separate bowl, beat egg whites to stiff peaks. 



Fold into the cake batter. I will be the first to admit that this is not an easy task. However, the cake batter is very heavy without it. It's probably the single most important step to making the cake delicious. So, please, take the time to fold the light and fluffy egg whites into the heavy peanut butter cake batter. It's definitely worth it.


Bake at 350°F or 180°C for 35-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

This cake is absolutely gorgeous.
It's light and fluffy.
And is definitely NOT oily or crumbly like so many of the other recipes were that I tried out.
The peanut butter flavor isn't overwhelming, but is definitely there.
This is the closest to perfect peanut butter cake recipe I've ever tasted. I hope you love it, too.
Watch us make this amazing recipe on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/9j-omCxrT3Y
Schaut zu wie wir dieses leckere Rezept auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/3w3Fr2Dny-E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper