Easter Bunny Cake

 Ages ago, someone requested I make a rabbit cake. I'm finally getting around to it, months later. But this one turned out more like an Easter bunny, so I'm just going to own it.

I started out by frosting a 4-inch cake dummy with vegan American buttercream.

I covered the cake with light green fondant.
I smoothed it on and trimmed off the excess.
Then I made some round discs with white fondant and pressed them on the side of the cake to be the bunny's feet. And I pressed in some toe dents.
Then I made a couple bunny ears with white and pink and placed a ball of white fondant on top of the cake to be the head.
I placed the ears on the head and placed two paws in front of the bunny head and pressed in toe dents.
I pressed in some eye holes and put a pink nose on as well as pink on the feet pads.
I placed some black in the eye holes and a thin black mouth.
Then I made some leaf shapes with some pink and grouped them in threes with one in back and two next to each other in front.
And I placed them all over the side of the cake to look like tulips.
Then I made a medium green stem and the same leaf shapes for the leaves.
I placed some textured green fondant on top of the cake to be grass.
This cake is absolutely adorable.
That little face is just a perfect Easter bunny.
The tulips around the side just scream Spring is here!
Happy Easter!



Watch us make this adorable Easter cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/4EC-G_HPLEk
Schaut zu wie wir diese süße Ostertorte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/IKZuBSTDe9Q

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper