Chinese Dragon Cake

This Chinese dragon cake was for a friend of mine's birthday. I've made her a dragon cake every year for the past few years. 

I made a 6-inch chocolate cake and frosted it with vanilla Swiss meringue buttercream.

I covered the cake with light blue fondant.
I rolled out a strip of green fondant and cut it into a wave shape.
And I wrapped it around the cake.
I added some randomly shaped clouds.
And rolled out a very long snake shape.
I added some texture of scales to the snake.
And I wrapped it around the cake and molded a face.
Then I added some legs.
I cut some triangles.
And placed them down the spine of the dragon.

Then I started working on the face. I rolled some snakes of red and added some eyebrows, mustache and beard.
Then I added some black eyes and white eyebrows, mustache and beard.
I'm proud of this cake. It might not be traditional Chinese, but I think you can tell what I was going for.
Happy Birthday, Lisa!







Watch us make this Chinese dragon cake on YouTube here: https://youtu.be/mqC9FAv6I6k
Schaut zu wie wir diese chinesischer Drache Torte auf YouTube machen hier: https://youtu.be/_UGTqGebFeQ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper