Fancy Carousel Cake

 This was a request. I was asked to make a carousel cake. And I found out that the original carousel cake was made by Little Cherry Cake. Check out her channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHUy0UafBHi6AUkaUsRUZ6w

The first thing you'll need is a horse mold of some sort. I got this carousel horse mold, but you could use any kind of horse mold.

I pressed a skewer into the horse on the back and cut off the built-in pole parts.
Doesn't it look great on its own?

I made a total of four.
I allowed them to dry and harden overnight. The next day, I got pink, purple, turquoise and gold food coloring and painted them.

I painted the saddles purple, the decorations pink, the mane and tail turquoise and the hooves and pole gold.

Then I made some colored fondant. Pink, purple, turquoise and white.

Then I frosted an 8-inch cake dummy with vegan American buttercream and covered it with turquoise fondant.
And I double stacked two 4-inch cake dummies and frosted them with vegan American buttercream and covered it in white fondant.
Finally, I frosted a 6-inch cake dummy with vegan American buttercream and made a cone-shaped top for it out of white fondant.


Then I covered this tier with pink fondant and left a lip around the bottom to tuck under.

So, I have a total of three tiers of cake.

I stacked the 4-inch tier on top of the 8-inch tier as centered as I could get it.
Then, after folding the lip of pink fondant under the 6-inch tier, I placed it on top of the 4-inch tier.
Now, the first tier you should decorate is the center tier, or whichever one the horses will be in front. I used a swag press mold to make these purple swags.
And I used a decorative border cutter to cut a strip border around the bottom. I could have continued, but this was enough for me.
Then, I cut the skewer to just fit into the space between the tiers. I gently pressed the bottom into the lower tier and used a ball of fondant to secure the top of the pole into the top tier. If this were real cake, there would be a cake board under the top tier, so you wouldn't be able to press the skewer into the cake anyway, so securing it with a ball of fondant is the way to go.

I placed the rest of the horses the same way. However, some of the tails fell off, so I used some turquoise food coloring to paint a tail on.
I used another decorative border cutter to create a white border to wrap it around the bottom of the top tier, leaving the decorative part hanging down slightly to cover the balls of fondant. Then I made some white swags for the top of the cake. The nice thing about this swag press mold, is that when you place them, you can pull them more or less taut, so you should be able to get them to fit perfectly without too much effort with no gaps.
Then I used a rose and bow press molds to make decorations for the bottom tier as well as a decorative white border for the bottom.
I think this cake turned out beautiful. It's obviously a carousel.
Now, you could literally put twice as many decorations on it as I did, but this amount of decorations keeps things simple.







Watch us make this epic cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/a7DwdXw81bU
Schaut zu wie wir diese großartige Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/XCvVvi0JFwc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper