Rainbow Unicorn Birthday Cake

 This year, my daughter wanted a rainbow unicorn cake for her birthday. This is what I came up with.

She wanted red velvet cake, so I made a 5-inch red velvet cake.

Three layers and filled and frosted it with white chocolate ganache.

Then covered the cake with blue fondant.
I also had all the colors of the rainbow ready to go.
I rolled out some white fondant.
Cut out my daughter's name out of rainbow colored fondant.
I cut out the name in a cloud shape and placed it on the side of the cake.
And her age on top.
Then I modeled a simple unicorn out of white fondant. The horn was fondant covering a toothpick.
Then, one color at a time, I rolled the colors into snakes and placed them on the back of the cake and rolled smaller snakes onto the head and tail of the unicorn.
And continued until I had used all the colors of the rainbow.
I placed a cloud-shaped white fondant onto the base of the rainbow.
And I made a bunch of ribbon roses out of several of the rainbow colors and painted on a face and gold hooves and horn on the unicorn.
I am in love with this cake. It is absolutely adorable.
My daughter was so happy with it.
She jumped around and said it was exactly what she wanted.
Happy Birthday, Sabrina.


Watch us make this colorful cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/qwwdltCyLMU
Schaut zu wie wir diese bunte Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/WervsqmtAH4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper