Anime Cherry Blossoms Cake

 This cake was for my niece. She loves all things Japanese. She loves Anime and Manga and cherry blossoms. 

Turns out her favorite flavor is vanilla, but also appreciates some chocolate as well. So, I baked a marble cake and made some vanilla American buttercream and put some in a piping bag.

And I made some vanilla pastry cream as filling.
I piped a buttercream dam.
And filled it with pastry cream.
Then I frosted the cake.
And I covered the cake with light blue fondant.
Then I rolled out some flesh-colored fondant and used this picture as a general guide.
I cut out the face and neck and cut the eyes out.
Filled the eyes with white.
Then I made the hair loose layers and the eyes brown. I painted on the eyebrows, nose, mouth and added some depth to the eyes.
Then I added a snake of brown around the bottom.
And branches growing up along the sides.
I made my niece's name out of pink fondant.
Then I used a flower cutter to make these pink flowers.
I used a ball tool to thin out the petals of the flowers and folded them up to give them some life and placed them around the cake.
I think this cake turned out very pretty.
My niece loved it.
She said it was exactly what she wanted.
Happy birthday, Anna.




Watch us make this Japan-inspired cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/Wh0vf_4Tqwg
Schaut zu wie wir diese Japon-inspirierte Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/tvac_gyQZa4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper