Painted Buttercream Cake

 A few years ago the style of painted buttercream became popular and kind of trendy. I thought I would try it myself today.

So, I mixed up a batch of vegan American buttercream and colored them purple, turquoise, pink and green.

And I frosted a cake dummy with white.
Painted buttercream comes from actually, literally painting the buttercream onto the cake using paintbrushes. It is harder to paint with than actual paint or food coloring because typically you only have to leave behind the pigment from the paint, but the majority of the paint itself gets brushed off. When painting with buttercream, you have to leave a three-dimensional amount of buttercream behind to leave behind pigment, so it is more like sculpting than painting.
Because of this, the images you make are more impressionistic than realistic. Just embrace your inner Monet.
And I painted on flowers onto a vine.
But honestly, I think it turned out cute. I mean, who doesn't love flowers?




Watch us make this creative cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/_o3kh1eDpXg
Schaut zu wie wir diese kreative Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/po-qj2A5Fts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper