Memorial Cake for Queen Elizabeth II

 Recently, Queen Elizabeth II of England passed away. She served as Queen for more than 70 years. This is absolutely the end of an era. I knew I had to mark it with a cake.

I started out by frosting a 6-inch cake dummy with vegan American buttercream.

I colored some fondant burgundy red.
And I covered the cake with it. I must admit that lots went wrong with this cake and it started with the folding and cracking of the fondant. It just wasn't very elastic.
I also covered a 4-inch cake dummy with the same burgundy fondant with the same cracking and folding problems.
Then I made some old gold fondant using yellow and brown food coloring.
I added a border along the bottom of the cake.
Then I made some strips.
And wrapped them around the bottom and top of the top tier. I also added a ball of gold fondant on top.
I added chunks of gold fondant spaced around the top tier. These are just supports.
Then I rolled a thick stripe and textured it with a texture tool.
Then I laid it over the chunks to give it some life and movement to look like a crown.
I used a swag fondant press mold to make these gold swags and placed them around the edge of the bottom tier.
All the way around the cake.
Then I made a single butterfly using a fondant press mold and painted it gold.
Finally, I added gold borders to the strips on the crown.
I actually really love this cake despite the trouble the burgundy fondant gave me.
Rest in peace, Queen Elizabeth.




Watch us make this royal cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/8YEP2rDimTY
Schaut zu wie wir diese königliche Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/8I0wBGoMOW4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper