Birch Bark Thanksgiving Cake

 This fall, I wanted to make a Thanksgiving cake and this year I wanted to do a birch bark effect with it.

So, I stacked two 6-inch cake dummies on top of each other and frosted them with vegan American buttercream. I textured the top with a swirl pattern.

I piped just a bit of black buttercream onto the sides.
And smoothed it on to make it look like a birch tree.
I used a toothpick to write the words Happy Thanksgiving on the top.
And despite the preparation, I still managed to pipe it wonky. Sorry!
I made a few acorns out of brown fondant.

I placed them around the cake and started making fall leaves using colored fondant and a leaf cutter.
I made fall leaves out of yellow, orange and red fondant and placed them around the cake.
I love the effect it made.
This is such a great fall cake. Happy Thanksgiving!


Watch us make this lovely cake on our YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/IzkZencI_Vc
Schaut zu wie wir diese schöne Torte auf unserem YouTube Kanal machen hier: https://youtu.be/62_gI2_yWEI

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dress up a Sheet Cake: White on White Wedding Cake

Dairy-Free Swiss Meringue Buttercream

Tutorial: How to Make a 2D Simba Cake Topper